[Ti] Spacebar sticks down...

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sat Dec 11 00:53:33 PST 2004

At 16:04 -0500 10/12/04, Wilhelm Wanders wrote:
>i have the same 'sticky'problem.....
>i took it off (easy),cleaned a little (not moist) and put it
>together... and it is still like that ....
>well, it is not really sticky to beginwith ... it is more like not
>getting every hit that it used to get .....
>it IS annoying ... however i cannot and don't want to afford anew
>keyboard for it ...... guess when it finally drives me crazy i will
>do sth. ...

Maybe you have what happened to my Ti-500 about 3y ago.  The
retaining lug on the inside of the space bar broke, and so the spring
mechanism did not work properly, meaning that at one end of the space
bar it worked (=gave a space), at the other end, it did not.  I got a
new space bar for $12 from a supplier of keyboard keys
http://www.pbparts.com/.  All recorded in the Ti archive.....

regards,  Trevor