[Ti] LCD screen replacement issues/saga

William Scammell williamscammell at idesignofboston.com
Thu Dec 16 06:24:13 PST 2004

>Hi all--
>
>I'm hoping some wise soul out there can help me out with this. Many
>months ago, the left hinge on my 667mhz broke, eventually fraying and
>severing the video cables. For months I have used the computer
>perfectly happily with an external monitor & keyboard.
>
>Finally I decided to take the plunge and try and repair it myself. I
>purchased a "guaranteed not DOA" entire screen with hinges from ebay,
>from a 500mhz model. Aside from the fact that the video cable was green
>and not multicolored, it looked fine.

[snip]

is the resolution the same on a 500mhz model as on the 667?

where did the inverter come from? or rather, from what model of Ti?

bill

William Scammell                     Creative Director
williamscammell@                   cell 781-956-3548
idesignofboston.com                fax 973-215-4549

http://www.idesignofboston.com provides
graphic, advertising, and web site design services.