[Ti] Priceless -shame on Apple

Philip Booth pcbooth at swbell.net
Thu Feb 5 07:34:43 PST 2004

On 2/5/04 2:07 AM, "Don" <ds1000309 at uid.onemain.com> wrote:

> I don't get it, either. My belief is that most anything that makes Apple
> appear
> "mainstream" versus marginalized is a good thing. IOW, "If Pepsi teams with
> Apple,
> Apple must be good". Ditto the VW Bug/iPod commercials.
>
> Don
I'm with you the iPod is one product that will bring the Apple name into
more people's hands.
> wsjenkins wrote:
>
>> I don't get it? Why are so many people and websites so po'd at Apple for
>> this promotion? The UK website, The Register, blasted the promotion too.
>>
>> Personally, I think it's a great promotion. Am I in the minority?

Some people confer "mythic" status to Apple and S. Jobs (See Below) and if
they don't live up to this status then they get upset. The uproar of the
charging for .mac Charging for iLife comes to mind. What these people don't
realize is that Apple is a business that needs to make money to continue
operation. The Pepsi deal came along and it made business sense so they
signed on. Jobs my have held his nose but his business sense told him it was
a good deal. The promotion drives people to d'load iTunes open the account
and your not going to redeem one song but they will buy more songs and an
iPod to carry them around.