[Ti] 1st Gen. 17" v. SACD CD layer

Wesley Griffin wgriffin at fraktured.net
Wed Feb 11 08:05:29 PST 2004

On Feb 11, 2004, at 3:35 AM, Erik Gaderlund wrote:

> Sonic Solutions do note that you can author on Macintosh its just that
> you have to 'burn' on a Windowz box:
> http://www.sonic.com/products/dac/requirements.htm

So I should have mentioned that I'm a hobbyist/"bedroom" composer. I
really can't afford Sonic Solutions, or a Windows box just to burn it.
I guess I'm just amazed that there's no reasonably priced package that
will do high-res surround audio for Macs. Here's hoping that with Logic
Pro and DVDSP, Apple can get something going that will do DVD-A.

> For other ideas check this forum on the DVDhelper spot:
> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=787095

Yeah, the final post in that forum topic is refers to things I've seen
elsewhere that DiscWelder will run in Virtual PC and you can burn the
image on the mac. Once Bronze comes out, I'm going to give that a shot
and see how Toast handles the images.