[Ti] Monitor Callibration?

FWPHOTO fwphoto at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 6 07:00:43 PDT 2004

Dave,

> I trust this guy a lot, and he isn't all that jazzed about the ability
> of LCD screens (yet), but here's some great comparisons of software and
> hardware for accurate monitor calibrations:
>
> http://www.shootsmarter.com/infocenter/wc026a.htm

Funny you should mention Will Crockett. Will & I met quit a while ago (well
before digital!) & became friends right away. There is really no one I trust
more for this kind of info. As well as being a top shelf commercial
photographer he's been in the information game a long time, too.

Recently he was in Cleveland with his latest seminar on digital solutions.
He went over much of this then. In the studio I totally agree with his
assessment of LCDs v CRTs. I'm just trying to get my PB's LCD as close as
possible for location work where I'm not gonna drag my CRT to. I think the
built-in callaibration program will probably work in my application as good
as anything. I had forgotten it was there! (I've been mostly doing DV these
days & use a NTSC field monitor for color accuracy) Since I'll probably be
doing more digital still work again in the near future, I'll probably be
looking at his suggestions for my CRT which is currently uncallibrated. I
just don't know how far I'm going to jump in this time. ;-) "Been there,
done that" on the PC side a long time ago & know how much energy it takes to
do things right.

Thanks,

Frank