[Ti] use of inverter

John simplymail at ururk.com
Thu Jun 10 22:38:35 PDT 2004

> Does anyone have any experience using an inverter or converter with a
> cigarette-lighter end to plug the standard power supply into a car or
> battery pack? There are 75- 175 watt inverters available from Belkin
> and others for about $30. I'm trying to decide if I can buy one of
> these or if I have to get the auto power supply.

I've used the standard automotive DC to AC converter, which has a
regular AC receptacle. I then plug my PB brick into it.

It's been OK, but I would have preferred a single powerbrick that
connects to the cigarette lighter and then into my laptop. It would be
neater, and I wouldn't have to share the single outlet with the DVD
player on long trips : )

YMMV, but not much as it doesn't put a lot of strain on the alternator
: )