[Ti] Albook hinge question

Colin Buttimer c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk
Mon Jun 28 00:14:05 PDT 2004

> My coach also has a 15" AlBook and it makes similar noises.  Can you
> tell me, does it seem to be coming from the right side of the machine?
> Does it seem like it happens under the top-case on the side more than
> the hinge itself?  Can you feel it on that side when it moves?
Thanks to Jerry, Benn and Darren for the responses. Benn, the (sonic) crack
appears to emanate from the centre at the base of the screen. It does very
much seem to be the result of the resistance on the hinge which is why I'm
surprised that loosening the screws makes no difference.

I must confess that, wonderful though this 15" Albook is, the fact that
there are three rather unsatisfactory elements to the hardware is rather
disappointing:
- the battery is a little loose and rattles
- the release button is too set into the body and it's therefore rather
difficult to get the Albook to open
- the aforementioned cracking hinge

I guess I'm going to have to live with the hinge issue as I can't do without
the machine for the length of time Apple would have it.

Thanks once again for the responses, Colin.