[Ti] Safari cannot find the internet plug-in

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu Mar 25 12:25:11 PST 2004

On 25 Mar 2004, at 18:02, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> I am running Safari 1.2.1 (V 125.1) under OS 10.3.3 on my Al-15"
> Powerbook.
>
> I was trying to access a music video on a website and I got the
> message:
>
> 	Safari cannot find the internet plug-in
>
> 	The page has the content of the MIME type "application/x-oleobject".
> 	Because you don't have a plug-in installled for this MIME type,
> 	this content can't be displayed.

OK this looks to be some kind of streaming video content.

This can either be viewed via a plugin or via an application. since it
says oleobject -- I will guess that this is a Windows Media File so you
will need:

Windows Media Player for the mac to view it. You can download it for
free from somewhere in the vicinity of www.microsoft.com. (this is the
application that just got M$ a €500m fine at the European courts.)

Try downloading this and then viewing it again. You may need to tell
Safari that the "helper application" it needs is WM player.

--
Tarik