[Ti] Verify Disk Permissions?

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat May 22 13:33:45 PDT 2004

> have you ever had a situation where there was any, and I mean any at
> all, risk of data loss from running Disk Permissions?

I did this earlier today without thinking about it (Doh!) and then noticed
that some files associated with the latest security issue in Safari were
repaired. As I had patched this with various solutions, (first an
AppleScript that replaced the help file and later the More Internet patch
and lastly Apples own update), now I am unsure about the permissions and
their effect and am having to go through the whole thing manually again to
see what I have done, it would have been better to have 'measured twice and
cut once' IOW, verify and see the results and then decide how this will
affect the system stability and security.

Cheers,

Richard