[Ti] [OT] Floppy problem

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Mon May 24 19:29:33 PDT 2004

On May 24, 2004, at 10:03 PM, cheshirekat wrote:

> I just bought my first CD-RWs and am wondering how many times I
> can rewrite to them.

some say you can rewrite them up to a 1000 times .... the most i ever
used was maybe 20 or so ....
but cd's are not the final good decision for backup.
when i moved to the states i didn't want to bring 500cd's with me in my
luggage, so i bought a bigger harddrive and of i went .... i still
think to backup to a harddrive and have it somewhere secure is the best
thing you can do right now to store data ....

with cd's i had to many bad experience (scratches, dust, chipping) and
i think they only last about max. 15 years anyways =)