[Ti] SMART status failing: travelstar... upgrade?

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Sat Nov 20 17:48:02 PST 2004

i replacedmy 10gb one (out of tibook mercury) with this one:
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/IDE/hitachi_travelstar60GB_7200/
travelstar60GB_7200rpm.html

did it myself ....matter of 20 minutes (max.) ....MUCH less noise and
it is faster (opening apps etc.)
i cannot comment on the battery usage,since my tibook is used pretty
stationary ....
hope that helps,good luck :)