[Ti] VPC on my Powerbook - VPC not listed

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Oct 8 08:56:08 PDT 2004

At 18:40 +0300 8/10/04, Axxll wrote:
>Try pressing  Command then move your mouse to windows pane..
>
>nevertheless, VPC  6 would be struggling to support  win xp..  you
>are better off with  98SE. until  VPC  7 is out in full blast
>good luck

Axxll - as I said, I have been using VPC from the beginning, so I am
indeed familiar with the use of CMD to get back in control of the
cursor .  In this current issue, I HAVE the Mac cursor in the VPC
window.  The Windows cursor is there too.  But they are not connected
or tracking each other.  Just independent cursors.  I feel that the
VPC Additions should fix that but cannot load them.

It seems to me that at sometime in the Windows XP start up, it now
(never used to) loses some connection to the Mac environment in which
it runs.  The screen resolution balloon and the cursor behaviour are
perhaps symptoms of that.

When I ran the System Profiler, I noticed that VPC is NOT Listed in
the (hundreds) of Applications.

Is that connected with this problem?

Is there something about the presence of VPC that has been lost by the MacOS ?
How can I have a mssive application like VPC on my Mac without it
being listed??
Is there any way to Repair the Applications list in System Profiler.

NOTE: I ran Disk Utility Repair and Cocktail and System Optimizer
yesterday, and restarted.
No effect.

regards,  Trevor