[Ti] VPC on my Powerbook

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at hotblack.net
Mon Oct 11 08:43:16 PDT 2004

Howdy,
> Additionally, you may wish to work on configuring the Mac firewall to
> block the ports that are most often used to attack Windows...that is,
> assuming the Mac firewall will protect the traffic to and from your VPC
> session. I would assume it should. Does anyone know differently?

It really depends.  If you're using the VPC virtual switch, then no firewall
settings will protect you.

It's a BAD BAD BAD BAD idea to have an unpatched Windows XP virtual or real
machine on ANY network.  Period.

As for the VPC additions, I would suggest booting it up in safe mode (F8 as
soon as the  VM starts to boot).  That might work....

.t