[Ti] Almost loaded Panther off the PC card...

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Wed Sep 15 16:05:22 PDT 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 5:43 PM, b wrote:

>  Someone, elsewhere, said that even putting a new Super or Combo
> internal drive in, even from Apple, wouldn't be a guaranteed boot
> drive. Or is that a 3rd-party issue, something about licensing, or was
> it just someone trying to make me feel worse about it all?

No, OWC has third-party drive upgrades, and your Ti will boot fine with
those drives by holding down the C key during powerup.  My wife has a
Ti-400, bumped to 500 MHz by changing a jumper on the logic board, with
an OWC Mercury Ti-SuperDrive in it.  It boots fine from the optical
drive, and even burns DVD-R's with iDVD (takes awhile to render
though).  It's fully supported by all Apple software/hardware.
--
Chris