[Ti] Titanium only?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Fri Sep 17 17:29:43 PDT 2004

On Sep 17, 2004, at 7:21 PM, Mark Gibson wrote:

> Rename (or refocus) the PowerBook list to cover G3 and earlier PB
> (dare I say it but called Pre G4 PowerBooks).  And rename the Ti list
> to cover G4 and newer (perhaps called Post G3 PowerBooks) .
>
> You could go for a 68XXX (from the Portable to the Duo - or whatever)
> / PowerPC split but that is probably just as confusing.

Or how about having one PowerBook list for machines that are able to
support the latest version of OS X, and another one for those that
can't?  If a person owns a machine on the bottom end that finds
him/herself not able to run the latest incarnation of OS from Apple,
they'd naturally gravitate to the "old" PowerBook list, as those users
would have a whole different set of issues than the more "current"
machines.

Just thinking on my feet, which is never a good thing :-)
--
Chris