[Ti] Advice Re: Security Update/!st Time App Launch Issue

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun Sep 26 11:30:41 PDT 2004

On Sep 26, 2004, at 12:47 PM, b wrote:

> Instead of rebooting, i tried using the SystemStarter to just run what
> i thought was the service involved in the update. I goofed on that
> one, because CoreGraphics isn't a service. I think it just popints to
> a couple of other scripts. (<--guessing on that one). However, in
> thinking back I am thinking coreservicesd was probably what i wanted
> to restart. Does that sound about right?

You know, I've often thought that somebody should write a book "Basic
Unix For Parents".  Several times I've had to use it.  My daughter is
in her bedroom on her PowerBook with iTunes and MSN Messenger going.
Tell her to shut it off and go to bed, but it doesn't happen.  SSH in
and 'shutdown -h now' does the trick.  You can immediately tell if the
command was successful by the scream coming from the other side of the
bedroom door :-)
--
Chris