[Ti] more on 10.3.9 - instability

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Apr 26 12:38:35 PDT 2005

>Although most of the List have passed to 10.3.9 with no problem, I
>am sure that since I updated with the Combo, my system has been less
>stable.  Eudora has quit on me twice and that is extremely stable
>software.  Default Folder has quit about six times.  Word twice.
>VPC once. Safari a few times.  Keynote twice.  And now Folding at
>Home core services quit, something that has never happened in the 4+
>years that I have beeen folding 24/7, and I lost a project that had
>been running for weeks and had reached 35% completion.  I think that
>this is sufficient evidence that all is not well, although I cannot
>be sure the blame is with 10.3.9,  It just seems that way.

While no one is doubting that you are having problems, the problems
should not be blamed on 10.3.9 as the majority of users are not
having problems with this update. Users have problems all the time
and it not due to the particular 'update' that they last ran. My hard
drive quit on my portable after running the 10.3.9 update but I am
not going to say that 10.3.9 caused it.
--

Robert Ameeti

In my day, we didn't have self-esteem, we had self-respect -- and no more of it than we had earned.

- Jane Haddam