[Ti] TI upgrade ?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Aug 3 13:45:35 PDT 2005

--On August 3, 2005 1:37:14 PM -0400 Carbotron <jason at kradcarbon.com> wrote:

> I love this pb, it has served me well.  Is there any logic to bumping up
> the logic board to a 1.0 Mhz board?  I've never play with a faster
> processor next to my current 667, so I do not know what I am missing.
>
> Are there any other upgrades I should consider?

I don't know what a 1GHz logic board upgrade would cost, but if it's more
than a $200-$300, I'd skip it. You won't get 30% performance bump because
your memory speed and disk I/O are not changing and only a portion of the
work is done in the CPU. It's usually not worth expending significant funds
for big upgrades unless you can at least double your performance overall.

You already have memory and disk and won't be burning DVDs enough to warrant
the expense of a DVD burner. Better to save your money and apply it to the
next generation Intel PowerBook in 2006 with Superdrive, fancy features,
better display, faster disk, bigger memory,  etc. etc.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com