[Ti] TI upgrade ?

David Brostoff listaddr at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 3 19:26:02 PDT 2005

On Jul 11, 2005, at 10:24 AM, Bradley Ellis wrote:

>I just got back my ~ 3 year old 667 (DVI) PowerBook (pb) from the
>shop (weeks before my AppleCare expired).  This book got a new LCD
>screen a couple years ago (again, under AppleCare).  I bumped up the
>hard drive to a 60 gig 5400 rmp (from the original 30 gig 4200 rpm)
>about 6 months ago.

Did AppleCare say anything about the new drive?

When I called AppleCare a few months ago, I was told in no uncertain
terms that upgrading my hard drive (on my Ti 667 rev. 2) would
violate my warranty. They said I couldn't even swap the larger,
faster drive from a Ti 550 that had been installed by the Apple
Dealer when I bought it.

Thank you,

David