[Ti] Re: Toast 7

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 8 19:36:41 PST 2005

> From: <kalirhe at umdnj.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Re: Toast 7
>
> Thanks, Rob!
>
> Dragonburn? Never hoid of it...what is it? I see you're using both - do they
> complement each other (one having features the other doesn't have and vice
> versa)?
>
> Any "side-by-side" comparison of those 2 programs would be greatly
> appreciated (if you have the time and inclination).

You can Google to find alot of comparisons between the two apps.
For me, Toast 7 allowed me to use dual layer burning and I have not had some
of the issues that I have had with past Toast apps.  Toast 7 requires QT 7.
At the same time, I have had a few coasters with Toast from time to time.
With Dragonburn, i find it to almost flawless. Simple and intuitive.
Supports DL, before Toast did, and it allows your use multiple burners at
the same time.  Much cheaper than Toast as well.  And I have not had any
coasters at all with Dragonburn.

For me, I tend to use Toast out of habit from the past, but I use dragonburn
more and more all the time as I find it to be a great app.

For more details, I really do not have time to do a side by side, there are
plenty of sites and magazine reviews with comparisons of these apps.  Just
Google Toast 7 vs Dragonburn and you will find plenty to read.

Cheers