[Ti] Dual Layer cable for Powerbook G4 400

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Mon Dec 12 21:20:26 PST 2005

On Dec 12, 2005, at 12:51 PM, Arnie Ramirez wrote:

> You are absolutely right about those machines coming only with DVD-
> ROM drives.  But by now many people have upgraded from the original
> DVD-ROM drive and now have at least a Combo drive.

I re-read the original post and see Mikael is trying to use a cable
from a 550 with a burner in a 400 (if I understand correctly).  I
missed that the first time around.

> If you are upgrading from a Combo (or slowSuperDrive) then you
> don't need the whole cable/bracket kit since the new drive will be
> of the same form-factor as what you are replacing... and you'll
> save some dough.

LaCie makes some really sexy-looking external mobile Firewire drives
too that also work great with a PC or desktop Mac, as well as iBooks/
PowerBooks:
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10186
--
Chris