[Ti] Virtual PC question

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Mon Dec 19 16:36:46 PST 2005

On Dec 19, 2005, at 10:29 AM, mac2 wrote:

> Should I stick with Virtual PC 6.0, should I hunt down a copy of
> 6.1, or should I purchase a new copy of 7.0 from m$???

Perhaps I should reiterate my original post on the topic:
http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/pipermail/titanium/2005-
December/018716.html

VirtualPC 6.0 is your best bet, and will work fine.  However, like I
said, you'll tear your hair out trying to get the X-server running.
Hopefully you need a command-line environment only in Solaris, since
the desktop is Gnome anyway, and any software you need in X on
Solaris can (probably) run native on Mac in X11, and be obtained from
Fink or the Darwin Ports Collection.
--
Chris

PGP Key:  http://astcomm.net/~chris/PGP_Public_Key/