[Ti] Virtual PC question

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Dec 20 11:22:15 PST 2005

At 12:50 PM -0600, 12/20/05, Chris Olson wrote:

>>>The main reason Microsoft bought VirtualPC is as an emulation
>>>layer for backwards compatibility of legacy software in Windows
>>>Vista when they transition to the WinFS database-style file
>>>system.  The Mac version just happened to be along for the ride.
>>>It'll eventually be dropped from their software lineup for Mac.

>On Dec 20, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>
>>How is it that you know so much about why companies do things as
>>well as knowing what they are going to do in the future?
>
>Because it's right on Microsoft's website on Enterprise
>Compatibility Layers and running multiple operating environments for
>legacy support:
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/cits/dsd/enterprise/AppCompact_4.mspx

Uh, that web page says nothing about Virtual PC for the Mac. Nothing
about why they bought it, nor their plans for when, if ever, they
will discontinue it. The page only speaks to why and how a user can
use Virtual PC on a PC for emulating OSs beyond what is installed as
a base OS.

What I was asking is how you know that they are going to drop the Mac version?

--

Robert Ameeti

Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise man to be able to market it.