[Ti] Wireless Network

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 16:14:23 PST 2005

--On January 28, 2005 10:43:13 PM +0400 Sambouka <sambouka at mac.com> wrote:

> A friend of mine has an iBook and is interested in setting up a wireless
> network at home. She connects to the internet using DSL. She is interested
> in switching to Cable as they are increasing the speed from 3 Mbits to 4
> Mbits.

DSL is nice because you have a dedicated line and some providers give you
pretty high bandwidth (up to 1Mbit) for pretty low pricing. Cable will have a
higher upper capacity on bandwidth, but you will be sharing that 3-4Mbits
with your neighbors. A lot depends on how active everybody else on your trunk
line is. I think the upstream bandwidth on cable is more limited than on DSL
also. Do not always go by peak numbers bandied about.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com