[Ti] New 1.67Ghz PB and LaCie Porsche Drive

S. F. Sobczynski stans at sigma4.com
Wed Feb 23 01:23:45 PST 2005

I purchased a LaCie Porsche 100Gb pocket drive for use with my 1.3Ghz
PB 17". Everything works fine...when connecting using Firewire or
USB2.

I the just received my new 17", 1.67Ghz PB. The pocket drive works
fine if connected using Firewire. However, when connecting using USB2
the drive will not mount. System profiler sees the drive connected
with USB2 but it does not show up on the Desktop. DiskUtility nor
TechTool Deluxe see the drive connected at all using USB2 only when
using Firewire.

I have even re-reformatted the drive using DiskUtility while
connected using Firewire. If I try to connect the drive to my old
1.33Ghz PB using USB2 it mounts with no problem.

Anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions?

Stan
Stan Sobczynski			       Email: mailto:stans at sigma4.com
Sigma 4, Inc.				 Web: http://www.sigma4.com
1155 S. Telshor, Suite 201               Tel: (505) 532-5768
Las Cruces, NM 88011                     Fax: (505) 532-5769