[Ti] like hell freezing over ?

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:00:58 PDT 2005

Henry Kalir wrote:

>I don't know why you get all riled up - I think that the wider the
>audience for the Mac OS - the BETTER it would be for all.

so, let's all trot over to Wal-Mart, pick up Intel laptops and read
our email over lunch at McDonald's. Bigger is better = 'best'? Not so
sure about that.

I didn't think Chris sounded riled up at all.  You want riled up?
Talk to those developers that have hung in with Apple through some
major changes, after it dawns on them they need to port to two
platforms to 'reach' the Apple "3%".

I see people referring to the last transition, from 68k to PPC, as
being 'smooth'. It was. It was a transition to a superior platform,
as opposed to an anachronistic one. Legacy apps ran faster in
'emulation' on the new chips, than they did on previous
top-of-the-line 'native' architecture.

The other 'smooth' part of the transition? Apple's market share went
from around 12% to 3% (at which -approximate- point MS released NT).
Oh, we had 'em right where we wanted 'em all right!

brian s