[Ti] Re: TiBook display take-apart, Additional info 2 +Paint

Jesper Grundström jesperg at telia.com
Mon Mar 7 09:42:56 PST 2005

I used a semi-gloss off-white color to paint the edge and the two hinge
covers. There is no metallic look in the color - but that was
impossible to find. I asked in several places and tryed out four
different colors before painting. I wanted a good match as well as a
good and strong surface. I left the bottom part of the screen (it was
unscratched) and the two hinge-ends (brand new) as they were.  Color
can be fond with info at http://www.hagmans.se/eng/index.asp go in
under "carcare" then "lacquers" then "Halvblank/Semi-gloss, White
400ml", paint code (art nr) 11431. Data and saftey sheet available as
pdf. Takes 5 days to dry completely.

Difficult part was masking all tiny details that could not be seperated
from the frame (airPort-antenna-Plastics) - I recommend a sharp
knife/scalpell . Masked under hinges as well as over all ports under
the back cover.

I havent been able to test the durability. My computer is placed on top
of my stereo as a permanent recording unit hooked up with an external
display and cordless keyboard/mouse.

good luck!
Jesper