[Ti] Tiger install

Mark Johnson mkj at direcway.com
Mon May 2 19:58:06 PDT 2005

> After trying to install Tiger as an update to 10.2.8, I ended up
> blanking the hard drive and doing a clean install with Tiger. Wasted
> about 3 hours and I do not have all my software re-installed. My
> frustration with Apple continues.

Something has used up 12 gig of disk space out of 60.
I found out the iShockDriver  continuously adds lines to console.log. I have
recovered 1.75 gig by deleting 2 of the files. However something is still
eating the disk. I am down to 1.19 sense booting 5 minutes ago. I had to go
back to 10.2.8. Anyone know if Office X not 2004 compatible with Tiger.
Looks like I will wait a week or two before trying again.
Also Tiger turned on Journaling and I could not turn it off. Is this the
norm?