[Ti] PB battery won't recharge

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed Nov 9 01:44:15 PST 2005

On 9 Nov 2005, at 01:55, Alcovia at aol.com wrote:

> My PB battery won't recharge, I was not able to copy the info fast
> enough before it went dead. Can I recharge it myself? It won't
> recharge with the normal way. Will I have to buy a new battery?

Sophia - my experience on new Ti and Al books since 2001 is that the
battery life is between 1 and 2 years.  I am  sure that your battery
(if it is the original) is at least 2y old, as the 667 must be that
old at least, so my view is that the battery is probably due for
replacement.

Normally the batteries "fade" - hold their charge for less and less
time, before dying, but the failure can be quite quick - within a
week or so, once it starts.
Did you get any warning signs, or was it sudden failure?

If you can borrow one for a minute from an Apple shop, or a friend,
and just replace it, that will show for sure if it is the battery
itself or something else.

Trevor

PS: I use my old battery to lift the backend of my 'book off the
desk, to improve the airflow....