[Ti] Re: OpenOffice on Mac

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Wed Nov 23 10:20:48 PST 2005

TjL said:

>WordPerfect is a much better and easier to use program.

And is available on Mac OS X? If not, how is this relevant in any other
way than as a theoretical comparative example? I used WordPerfect 3.5.x
briefly under OS 8, but I don't think it was as well designed as a
writing tool as the powerful yet easy WriteNow 4. But it was much better
than Word IMHO.

To the defence of Word I know of handful of talented people that produce
great looking docs in word, but I really do think they could do that in
almost any application. Also, the number of the latter is very much
outweighed by the people I've seen that make very tasteless and
incompetently structured documents with Microsoft Word. In my personal
experience, you have to fight the app to get the result you want. I
suppose it depends on your objective for the end document if you run into
the limitations and also your willingness to learn what is IMHO
unintuitive and illogical ways of doing things. Your mileage may vary.