[Ti] Re: Powerbook MacIntel... Pure RUMORS

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Nov 26 09:36:50 PST 2005

On Nov 26, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Carlos Fernando Hernandez wrote:

> As I have read your comments in the past days, it seems the heat
> when up pretty fast. But my point was to know if any of you have
> any based rumor to support my decision of buying a PPC or maybe a
> new powerbook (intel inside) on jan or feb.

Based on my experience with OS X on x86, it won't be ready in Jan or
Feb yet as anything more than a public beta testing platform.

> I have read a lot in the rumors sites and all seems to: iBooks will
> be the first laptops to be ship with intel processors, a few months
> later will be PowerBooks (hope they give us a Double Core CPU).

Rumors are just that:

"rumor |ˈroōmər| |ˌrumər |
noun
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth"

Do you need the machine now?  Then buy it and forget about what's
inside it.  What possible benefit do you see, at this point, in
waiting to buy a beta testing platform?  If you're a beta tester and/
or early adopter, then fine.  But if you're depending on this machine
to do your work, stick with a proven platform - PowerPC.  At least
until all the bugs get squashed on the x86 side.

--
Chris