[Ti] Buying the "faster" Mac model

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Wed Jan 18 08:59:15 PST 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 11:48 AM, Bill Reburn wrote:

> How about upgrading your home machine to what you want and nabbing
> a 30GB iPod (or smaller) to transfer work on a daily basis? I don't
> know what kind of work you do, so perhaps that won't work (file
> sizes)... if you do work while traveling, only the MacBook will
> help. I just don't see the Mini or iMac being convenient to move
> around.
>
> Another Bill.

My home machine is a Ti 550mhz. My work is a dual 867 G4 MDD. Very
heavy. Often I need to lug it home because I don't want to stay at
work till midnight, or over the weekend. I could get the CPU
upgrade... but my Ti is falling apart.

If I get an iMac I will just use my Ti for email, word, etc... when
I'm on campus at school.

I have an iPod to transfer files, plus can ssh to get files if I
leave them at work.

But the greater question:

Is the pricier machine "bettter" -> or will I get the same life-span
out of the "slower" one. This is comparing mini to mini, iMac to
iMac, MacBook to MacBook.

THanks,

John