[Ti] Buying the "faster" Mac model

Bill Reburn billreburn at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 18 09:18:37 PST 2006

Oh, I see. In my opinion, I go by the rule of thumb to buy the
fastest machine I can afford. I work in Graphic Design/Vis
communications and the bottom line is the performance of my gear. The
faster it is, the quicker I get things done and therefore I can bill
for more work completed. A quicker machine also means more time with
the family at the end of the day, more work completed and more money
in your pocket... depending on some factors of course.

As far as life-span, I don't think there is any evidence around that
shows faster machines burn out more quickly than slower ones (is
there??). Unless it is a machine that is over-clocked which adds
stress to the CPU, which isn't the case here.. it's a different
"engine" altogether.

HTH, Bill