[Ti] Buying the "faster" Mac model

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Wed Jan 18 09:21:44 PST 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Bill Reburn wrote:

> Oh, I see. In my opinion, I go by the rule of thumb to buy the
> fastest machine I can afford. I work in Graphic Design/Vis
> communications and the bottom line is the performance of my gear.

Same here, though I'm also in ME at college and do web site design on
the side, plus a load of other stuff.

> As far as life-span, I don't think there is any evidence around
> that shows faster machines burn out more quickly than slower ones
> (is there??). Unless it is a machine that is over-clocked which
> adds stress to the CPU, which isn't the case here.. it's a
> different "engine" altogether.

I meant useable lifespan, not hardware life - sorry for the confusion.

Also, I'm talking about product families.

So...

is the $1,999 MacBook Pro a better deal than the $2,499 MacBook Pro?

etc...