[Ti] Apple customer service

Ralph Lewis maccare at gwi.net
Sun Jun 11 10:54:00 PDT 2006

On Jun 10, 2006, at 11:53 PM, Scott Mckinley wrote:

> That is the thing with apple.  I am a big Mac fan, but I think their
> customer service sucks.  I have numerous friends and relatives that
> purchase apple products.  But when something goes wrong, Apple charges
> an arm and a leg to fix it.  If they want to gain customers and to
> keep
> customers coming back to the store, why not bend over backwards for
> their customers??  They never do.   People I know who have dealt with
> customer service say they will never purchase an apple product again.
> It is just like when the little girl wrote the letter to apple
> suggesting a way to improve the iPod.  Apple wrote a shity response to
> the little girl.  Apple needs to get this fixed, or they will continue
> to lose customers.

The other side of the coin:  Why does APPLE Customer Support top the
list in Consumer Reports year after year.
I provide independent support and repair to Macintosh users in the
Mid Coast Maine area since retiring from 18 years with an apple
dealer. I have frequent need to contact apple support regarding
customer machines still in and some out of warranty. Only once did I
get a poor response from the Tech on line, I terminated the call and
on call back, with a different tech, the problem was taken care of.
On several occasions Apple has provided out of warranty repair caused
by the infamous iBook mother board problem even though the program
had expired.
   Service in Stores can vary widely store to store. While managing
the repair department when I was working in Portland, I made it a
point if there was a problem I had to be the one to resolve things.
Only with a few unreasonable customers who were combative in their
approach did I everr have to say No.

Ralph Lewis
www.mac-care.com
maccare at gwi.net