[Ti] Macbook pro version 2...

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Tue May 9 22:12:59 PDT 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 10:48 PM, Kynan Shook wrote:

> Intel core duo at 2.16 GHz: 31 Watts.

Your data is inaccurate.  Show me what production Intel cpu you've
ever seen that spec'd out agreeing with the product data sheet?

You can grab a 40 watt light bulb and it's barely warn to the touch.
The MacBook Pro gets so hot it'll double as a secondary heat source
for your house.  You don't have to take my "flapping mouth" for it,
read for yourself:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2173610

Any cpu that gets that hot simply because of misapplied thermal
conductivity paste pulls more than 31 watts.  Like I said, Intel
tends to be horribly optimistic.  For pete's sake, you can cool the
hottest-running G4's with a passive heat sink that takes up way less
room than the thermal pipes and sink on the Core Duo.  Anybody with a
brain should be able to read between the lines.
--
Chris