[Ti] Macbook pro version 2...

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue May 9 22:40:03 PDT 2006

At 12:12 AM -0500, 5/10/06, Chris Olson wrote:

>On May 8, 2006, at 10:48 PM, Kynan Shook wrote:
>
>>Intel core duo at 2.16 GHz: 31 Watts.
>
>Your data is inaccurate.  Show me what production Intel cpu you've
>ever seen that spec'd out agreeing with the product data sheet?

That seems like a silly statement. Merely stating that spec sheets
don't match data sheets says nothing about the point being made.
Compare apples with apples. Don't yack about marketing staff not
agreeing with engineering staff.

>Any cpu that gets that hot simply because of misapplied thermal
>conductivity paste pulls more than 31 watts.

Hmmm. I'm no rocket scientist but it would seem to me that if the
thermal conductivity paste was working, that the heat would be
transferred away from the processor, and perhaps to the outer shell
of the computer???

If the outer shell of the computer is hot, then that heat is not
inside the computer. If the outside is cool, then the heat is not
being transferred from the processor to the shell.

Yes, heat is power and power is battery, but unless you know the
total heat output (and not just how hot the case might happen to be),
you have no real clue as to the power consumption.

--

Robert Ameeti

Genealogy is based on the obviously silly idea that there is no such thing as a bastard.
- Nicolas Martin