[Ti] Exchange Account - from MAIL 2.0.7

Dr Trevor J.Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed May 10 04:40:36 PDT 2006

Wednesday 10 May 2006

Exchange Account - from MAIL 2.0.7

As some of you may know, I am using my G4 Powerbook /10.4.6 in a
college which is "M$T territory".

MAIL has (had?) the capability of accessing Microsoft Exchange
servers and mail.  I have been doing that for more than one year,
without problem.

The College has just changed some of its hardware/IP framework, and
it seems that my Exchange account in Mail no longer works.

All the configuration is correct, as far as the IT support can see.

I decided to create a new Exchange account in Mail 2.0.7, and see if
that would resolve the issue.

However, that option no longer exists !  I can select .Mac, POP and
IMAP, but there is no exchange option any longer.

Has itr disappeared in the latest Mail version?

What could be the explanation for this?

Does anyone have any idea ?

This was one of the reasons (Exchange compatibility) that made me
change last summer from 8 years with Eudora.

Am I up the creek without a paddle?

regards,  Trevor

PS - I noticed that the College are using "Advanced Server" Windows
2000.....