[Ti] OT: Phone recommendations?

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Tue May 23 04:50:33 PDT 2006

On 23 mai 06, at 08:20, Kynan Shook wrote:

> So, I'm looking at getting a new phone - from either Verizon or
> Cingular.  I want Bluetooth, and I want to be able to sync iCal and
> Address Book, and being able to use Salling Clicker would be nice
> too.  I'm OK with hacking the phones so Verizon's bluetooth doesn't
> suck quite so much, though I'd like to hear from people's personal
> experience.  What phones do you folks use, and can you do the
> above?  I'm disappointed to see that the Motorola phones don't seem
> to work with the phone events of Salling Clicker. :-(
>
> I was glancing a bit at the Sony-Ericsson W600i or Z520a.  Any
> experiences there?
>
> Priorities are: Bluetooth syncing to iCal and Address book, Salling
> Clicker operation (including phone events).  Internet access would
> be nice too - but I don't use it often enough for a data plan, so
> being able to use minutes to dial up would be fine.  Currently, I
> use Verizon's Quick2Net to get a 14.4k connection using minutes,
> whenever I'm in need.

hi
get a sony ericsson. syncing with the mac is seemless through isync
and you can use the phone as a remote control, right out of the box.
no additional software is needed!

i've had 3 motorola phones (cd160, talkabout 191 & v525, returned it
after 2 days) and i will never by another. bad interface, not
terribly compatible with the mac (last time i checked, you need a usb
cable to sync, despite bluetooth!). i was tempted by the razr (who
isn't?!) but saw that the menu system had not evolved into anything
better. just my opinion though…

(btw my best phone so far was probably the ericsson t39m)

regards

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.6 ::