[Ti] OT: Phone recommendations?

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Tue May 23 09:57:40 PDT 2006

On 23 May 2006, at 14:50, alexandre wrote:

> get a sony ericsson. syncing with the mac is seemless through isync
> and you can use the phone as a remote control, right out of the
> box. no additional software is needed!
>
> i've had 3 motorola phones (cd160, talkabout 191 & v525, returned
> it after 2 days) and i will never by another. bad interface, not
> terribly compatible with the mac (last time i checked, you need a
> usb cable to sync, despite bluetooth!). i was tempted by the razr
> (who isn't?!) but saw that the menu system had not evolved into
> anything better. just my opinion though…
>
> (btw my best phone so far was probably the ericsson t39m)

Alexandre - your specific model suggestion: are you saying your
current phone that does all that is a Sony Ericsson 139m?

Is it triple-band?

My positively ancient Nokia 6310i (the first BT triple band) is
probably needing replacement soon, so I am interested in what is the
current best option.

It is also on-topic as I use mine with my Al-book/address book .....

regards,  Trevor