[Ti] OT: Phone recommendations?

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Tue May 23 12:15:28 PDT 2006

On 23 mai 06, at 18:57, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> On 23 May 2006, at 14:50, alexandre wrote:
>
>> get a sony ericsson. syncing with the mac is seemless through
>> isync and you can use the phone as a remote control, right out of
>> the box. no additional software is needed!
>>
>> i've had 3 motorola phones (cd160, talkabout 191 & v525, returned
>> it after 2 days) and i will never by another. bad interface, not
>> terribly compatible with the mac (last time i checked, you need a
>> usb cable to sync, despite bluetooth!). i was tempted by the razr
>> (who isn't?!) but saw that the menu system had not evolved into
>> anything better. just my opinion though…
>>
>> (btw my best phone so far was probably the ericsson t39m)
>
> Alexandre - your specific model suggestion: are you saying your
> current phone that does all that is a Sony Ericsson 139m?
>
> Is it triple-band?
>
> My positively ancient Nokia 6310i (the first BT triple band) is
> probably needing replacement soon, so I am interested in what is
> the current best option.
>
> It is also on-topic as I use mine with my Al-book/address book .....
>
> regards,  Trevor

hi trevor
the t39 dates from 2000 or 2001 i think so i really can't suggest it.
i liked it because it had a great design, was well built, had
bluetooth (rare back then), excellent reception, a flip cover, and
was small. it is that phone that made me a loyal sonyericsson
customer ever since (except for those 2 days with a moto v525!). i've
gone through a few since: r520m, t39, t68, t630, k700 and now i have
an s700…

ever since os x came out (if my souvenirs are right) i have been able
to sync the phone to my laptop seemlessly, first via ir then bluetooth.

so yes, i can only suggest a sonyericsson phone! the only other phone
that "might" make me change manufacturer is qtek with the s100 or
s200. my contract with swisscom ends in july, i'll see then…

hth

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.6 ::