[Ti] Titanium PowerBook G4 400 MHz/1MB Cache 256MB/20GB/8MB VIDEO/DVD Date 21/02/01 S/N QT1080D6J8D

John Callahan jcallahan at stny.rr.com
Fri Apr 6 14:01:52 PDT 2007

Would appreciate help on the following questions concerning a
Titanium PowerBook G4 400 MHz/1MB Cache
256MB/20GB/8MB  VIDEO/DVD
Date 21/02/01
S/N QT1080D6J8D
Problem: Will not start, no evidence of life. Have new power supply.
#1. PC tech tells me it is the motherboard (logic board) and internal
power supply and wanted to sell me a new PC laptop. Should I believe
him.
#2. How reliable are logic boards in the $250.00 price range, from
any number of online sites?
#3. How difficult is it for a DIYer to install a logic board? There
are instructions on line.
#4. In the PowerBook series, which, have parts that are interchangeable?
#5. Have read of a light located at the power supply jack that glows
when charging. No evidence of light when power supply is plugged in.
#6. Would appreciate details of experiences of people who have sent
PowerBooks out for repair.
Thank you very much,
John Callahan
jcallahan at stny.rr.com

On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions
who at the dawn of victory sat down to rest and resting died.