[Ti] Screen has gone blank

MB digital.discuss at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 09:37:14 PDT 2008

Arne Hulstein said:

>Anyway, I looked at the screen and when it is dark I can see the actual
>image slightly through a white bar in the screen in the top 30%. The
>rest of the screen remains black... Could that still be that inverter board?

Well, the off backlighting is most likely the inverter board, but if
you're sure you don't see anything in the bottom of the display - please
make sure you have something there you know how it looks - then it's
possible that the display itself could have been damaged AND/OR that
your display cables have been damaged. Where is the white during
startup? Is it the same upper 30% partial or the whole screen? When you
look with a bright light, does the part you see looks like it should or
is it warped somehow?

Only way to know for sure is to try with another inverter board or move
the display itself to another known working titanium machine, if the
display is likely to be working.

If it's worth the effort is up to you, but I can give you advice from
the experience I have had with this type of problem if you need it. As
I've had 3 boards or so  that needed replacement it does seem like a
typical Titanium problem, at least with the second generation.