[Ti] Bluetooth problems

Scott Strehlow strehlow at usermail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:05:13 PST 2008

You might want to boot from the system CD and see if the Bluetooth
device shows up then.  That way you are eliminating many variables.
If it does, then you have some driver conflict from things installed
on your hard drive.  If it doesn't show up, then I'd suspect that
either the USB port has problems, or the Bluetooth device is having
trouble.  Have you tried it on a different machine, PC or Mac?  Then
you can verify that it is OK.

> Scott, thanks for responding. I do have the Missing Sync for the PDA
> before the World Edition Blackberry. I used it for the last Sony
> Clie and it was usually pretty good. I was able to use Vindigo on it
> also. One big problem though - the Ti had been sent to Apple and
> when it was returned, they had installed a slightly different OS and
> I can not get the HotSync to work at all.

So Apple wiped it?  If so, you could back up your files, and wipe it
again with the OS disc you have, in the version that was working.  I
don't think you can downgrade the OS without reformatting.

It is possible that it was something else they did to the machine
killed the hotsync, and not the OS change.  You might be able to test
the hotsync just by booting from your OS CD (see above) to rule out
that issue.

Missing Sync is very particular about OS 10.4 and what order things
need to be done when upgrading to it.  Do you have 10.3, 4, or 5?

> Missing Sync relies on Palm Software, and without the two important
> components for the Conduits - it will not work.

Yes, but only for syncing with a Palm device.  As you mentioned below,
you should not need it for the Blackberry.  That version of Missing
Sync should come with whatever it needs.  You might not be able to
have the Palm version installed at the same time as the Blackberry
version.  I don't know.

I think I'd explore the USB issue first.  Then if they all check out,
go after the syncing problems.

Cheers,

Scott