[Ti] Re: Titanium Digest, Vol 50, Issue 1

Noele Stollmack noele at stollmack-lighting.com
Wed Dec 10 18:15:06 PST 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 5:58 PM, titanium-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
  wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have the Ti 800mhz 40 Gig HD (with a 300 gig external) and 1 Gig
> Ram. I recently switched phones from the World Edition Blackberry to
> their new Storm.
>
> Neither Blackberry's are Mac friendly - the World Edition only
> updated my contact list, iCal and Stickies. It came with "PocketMac"
> Sync Manager. Both of the phones connect through the USB port. Up
> until a few hours ago my USB ports were working just fine. The Storm
> needed a PocketMac updater, because it is supposed to be a bit
> friendlier (Ha!) Blackberry did admit that the phone currently
> doesn't do everything you see on the slick television commercial -
> such as the clicking the "keyboard." It still needs heat from your
> fingers. Simply taking an eraser at the end of a pencil will not work.
>
> Here is the problem -  after 5 ... yes..... FIVE hours of tech
> support with Verizon we uninstalled, reinstalled, PocketMac several
> times. I finally figured it out later that night or I should say
> morning (5am).  The 2 USB ports showed my Bluetooth D-Link DBT-120 in
> one port and the Storm in the other.
>
> I was only able to get the Storm to update to contacts.
>
> Now, there is zip. If I plug the phone or iPod into the USB ports
> there is power. If anyone is familiar with PocketMac for the Storm -
> it did have a driver update in order to help the phone "appear" and
> sync.
>
> Any ideas? Helllllllllllpppp !!!!

I recommend you go to crackberry.com. I have a storm and numerous macs
that are all sync'd . if you sift through the crap on the forums - it
can been a fantastic resource. Pocketmac is awful - don't use it - use
google sync You will need spanning sync as well if you want to use
ical. Once you get everything synced it all works. Verizon is
incapable of providing support for the mac - if you are patient,
crackberry will. In fact, they just posted a great video on how to
tether ones blackberry to a mac via bluetooth - Verizon claims it
can't be done and I am using it to post this message.

good luck.