[Ti] Re: Harddisk switch

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Jun 26 14:04:22 PDT 2009

On Jun 14, 2009, at 3:02 AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> If I remember correctly, OS X came out around the time that I
> received my first Ti-book (March 2001), but was definitely not
> installed on delivery.
> So even if I could find my original Ti-disks, I am sure they would
> have been OS 9.2.
> Better to bite the bullet, move to Leopard, buy an external disk,
> and use TimeMachine.

Your only other option is to call Apple, explain that you have lost
your DVD's and ask them to resend them to you (for some kind of admin
fee). Normally Apple will not do this, but if you can convince them
(with serial numbers) that you really owned this Mac and you are not
trying to cheat them (by getting a second set to give to someone else)
then they may help.

Otherwise, I would go with what Trevor suggests.

--
Tarik Bilgin