[Ti] why people use a tibook

Kent cv66seabear at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 21:01:12 PDT 2009

Welcome Clare!

Already you have the little Ti Mercury tugging at your
hearstrings!  I have the same - the 500Mhz 15" Ti
Powerbook.  I have actually upgraded as much as
possible (as far as I know).  I have upped the RAM to
1GB, added a 250 GB HD (although I still have the
problem where it only recognizes 128 GB), and I have
replaced the old CD/DVD ROM with a Superdrive.  I am
about to switch out the top case, which is badly
cracked, and then she will be better than ever!

 I like the Merc because it fits me.  I have large
hands (like having a ham at the end of your arm), and
the large wrist pad fits me perfectly.

I am also a sentimental fool, and she is my first Mac.
 I have thought about the MacPro, because I do like
it, although I have never gotten to use one for a
while, so I'm not sure about the eyestrain.

I run OS X 4.11, and the fonts are fine, I didn't know
you could, or should smooth them.

My only complaint is the video card and the processor
speed together have trouble keeping up with some
videos.

Other than that, I really love my Merc.  Other
longtime Mac users are always surprised to see me
working on it.

Again, welcome!
Kent

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one that can't read." - Mark Twain
  "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read". -Groucho Marx