[X-Apps] VueScan (WAS Re: [X-Apps] Epson 1260 Photo Printer)

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Thu Dec 19 11:51:19 PST 2002

Vuescan works with an Epson 636, which I think is older than the 836, so I would be suprised if it did not work on the 836.

Vuescan does not integrate with Photoshop to allow scanning from within Photoshop. Vuescan is a standalone scanning application. After Vuescan writes a tif, the tif does automatically open in Phothshop though.

Vuescan is a free download to scan and experiment as much as you want. Paying for it will remove the watermark that is applied to every scan.

Another excellent scanning utility that *does* integrate with Photoshop is LaserSoft's SilverFast SE. It costs only $9 more than Vuescan. There is also a free demo of this plug-in.  Not sure if it's compatible with your exact model, but it's worth a click or two...

Vuescan:
http://www.hamrick.com

SilverFast  (for the Epson 836)
http://www.silverfast.com/show/silverfast-se/en.html