[X-Apps] VueScan (WAS Re: [X-Apps] Epson 1260 Photo Printer)

Donald Diswinka ddon at erickson-mb.com
Thu Dec 19 12:56:35 PST 2002

Terry

Sorry, No first hand experience with Epson 836XL.
I looked for X.2.2 support for Epson 836XL.  I do not see any Epson
TWAIN Drivers.:(
VueScan--- $40-- very good product, is kept current etc. No, I don't
have shares in it or know the owner.
I use Photoshop 7.0.1 and VueScan. Some staff here get Photoshop to get
VueScan to scan directly into it.
I do it in two steps. first VueScan then import scanned file into
Photoshop.
VueScan is totally standalone so doesn't use the Apple System TWAIN or
Epson TWAIN stuff.
Please ensure that VueScan is not also installed in classic.  It may
work if it is but then it may not.
You can try VueScan without buying it, but printouts have a watermark
until you get a paid serial number, however you can try it for free and
software file is not that large to download  just to see if it works
with ur scanner. It is also easy to uninstall if you don't like it or
won't work with ur scanner.
Is this a SCSI interface scanner??? Hope it isn't ---- If it is Good
Luck!

Don