[X-Apps] Path Finder as Finder replacement

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Thu Jan 23 09:32:10 PST 2003

On Thursday, Jan 23, 2003, at 08:04 US/Central, Bill Reburn wrote:

> What's wrong with the finder?
>
> First off the Finder is SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLOW.  Good for you that it's
> perfectly zippy on your Dual CPU whatever,

Just thought I'd chime in to say that 2 CPUs doesn't necessarily make
it faster; I think it's painfully slow on my "old" dual G4/1G
(non-wind-tunnel, 512MB RAM, 10.2.3).  Its performance for moving large
amounts of data or large numbers of files to/from other volumes is
terrible (e.g. copying data from CDs/DVDs, moving GBs of files/data
around on the local drive, or moving moving GBs of data to other local
or remote volumes).  So slow and unreliable that I now exclusively move
my large data/files via CLI using rsyncX.  I haven't had other issues
with Finder, but this alone makes me hope they make it better.  And
yes, I've sent Apple feedback.

Gretchen